Common Causes For Boiler Leaks In Cookstown NJ
First and foremost, whenever you require a service for your boiler system, then it is crucial that you contact a reputable HVAC service provider. A boiler diagnosis, repair, or replacement should only be handled by a trained professional.
Should you notice that you have a leaking boiler on your hands, then be sure to call a heating professional immediately. These types of issues are quite serious in nature. At times, it is due to a faulty internal component, usually a valve or a seal. In other instances, internal corrosion or rust causes a leaking boiler. When this happens, it can affect the electrical components of your boiler, causing it to short-circuit. Also, there are instances where a leaking boiler has caused major structural damage to a home. Therefore, if you notice that your boiler is leaking, contact PFO Heating & Air Conditioning right away. We can determine the source of the leak and find the best solutions to remedy it. Common causes for a boiler leak include:
- Pressure Value: There is too much pressure in your system. Normal pressure for a boiler should fall between 18-21 PSI. If it rises above that, then water will start to leak from the relief valve. Sediment build-up, such as limescale, can cause the boiler’s pressure to rise.
- Temperature Valve: When the boiler’s water temperature rises above a set temperature, it causes the temperature valve to leak. This problem is usually caused by a faulty temperature probe.
- Corrosion: Often, a boiler leak is caused by corrosion and rust. There could be elements within the boiler that are corroded. However, if the elements and the tank are both corroded, a replacement is an absolute necessity. A boiler, in this case, is beyond repair.
- Pipe Fittings: Gas boilers can leak around their pipe fittings due to improper installation.
- Boiler Pump: A boiler can leak around the seals of the boiler pump. The pump will need to be resealed or it will require a replacement altogether.
Learn More About Our Boiler Installations
Schedule A Free Estimate
The Importance Of A Properly Sized HVAC System For Your Cookstown Home
Since Cookstown NJ winters can be cold and harsh, your heating system is an essential component of keeping your family safe and warm. To get the most out of your HVAC system, it is vital that you have one installed that fits your home. Therefore, finding the perfect size is critical.
Efficiency Of Your HVAC System In Cookstown
Many people have the misconception that buying the biggest heating system that they can find is a good idea. However, oversized HVAC systems tend to short cycle, meaning they turn off before your home is completely heated. You will notice that your home’s temperature is inconsistent from one room to another. You will also pay a hefty price on your energy bills and HVAC repair costs. Furthermore, you will eventually have to deal with a premature replacement due to wear and tear.
Undersized systems are not as common as oversized HVAC systems. However, they also create a slew of issues. A system that is too small for your home will have to run constantly, spiking up your energy costs in the process. Also, you will inevitably have to face a premature replacement of your HVAC system.
Correctly Sizing A Cookstown HVAC System
When you have an over or under-sized HVAC system, your comfort will suffer. You will pay far more on your energy bills and your HVAC repair/replacement costs. At PFO Heating & Air Conditioning, you can count on our NATE certified technicians to use the proper methods to find the right system for your home. We use the Manual J load calculation to determine the correct size. This method was established by the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) as a means to correctly size HVAC systems. This method takes factors into account such as:
- Square footage
- The shape of your home
- Your lifestyle
- And much more
By working with PFO Heating & Air Conditioning, you can feel the peace of mind that your system matches your home and gives you many years of energy efficient comfort. Call now to schedule a free estimate.
Schedule An Appointment
PFO Heating & Air Conditioning offers superior HVAC services throughout Cookstown NJ and the surrounding area. You can count on our NATE certified technicians to provide you with heating and cooling services that are fast, friendly, and affordable. We specialize in HVAC installations, repairs, tune-ups, and more. Be sure to give us a call today to schedule a free, in-home consultation.
Click here to contact us now or you can call us at (800) 253-9001 to find out more!
Call Now: (800) 253-9001
Learn More About Our Heating Services
View All Case Studies