Puron refrigerant, also known as R410A, is a chemical used to create refrigerated air in homes and commercial buildings. Unlike other refrigerants, Puron has numerous advantages for the New Jersey homeowner and also for the environment.
Below are a dozen Puron benefits that may make you re-think your current cooling solutions.
- 1 Below are a dozen Puron benefits that may make you re-think your current cooling solutions.
- 1.1 1. Puron Has Been Used Safely for Years
- 1.2 2. Puron Emits Zero Ozone Depleting Chemicals
- 1.3 3. It is Non Flammable
- 1.4 4. It is Non Corrosive, Too
- 1.5 5. Flexible Usability
- 1.6 6. It is the Least Toxic Refrigerant
- 1.7 7. Puron Refrigerant is Affordable
- 1.8 8. It Thrives in High Pressure Environments
- 1.9 9. Quiet Air Conditioning
- 1.10 10. Lower Energy Costs
- 1.11 11. Plethora of Puron
- 1.12 12. Reduced Future Service Costs
- 2 Switch to Puron in Your Home
1. Puron Has Been Used Safely for Years
Puron was introduced to the HVAC industry in 1996 after global concerns over ozone protection. Since then, millions of American households have used Puron safely for air conditioning in their homes.
2. Puron Emits Zero Ozone Depleting Chemicals
Air conditioning systems utilizing Puron refrigerant are more environmentally friendly. R410A does not release any harmful chemicals into the earth’s ozone.
3. It is Non Flammable
When your air conditioner is working hard, you do not have to worry about the hazard of flammable refrigerant. Puron is rendered non-flammable by its very chemical structure.
4. It is Non Corrosive, Too
Before Puron, refrigerant leaks could damage air conditioner hardware. Because of its safe ingredients, R410A will not corrode tubing or casings around your unit.
5. Flexible Usability
R410A refrigerant can easy be used with brass, steel and copper tubing, making it a great option for any type of air conditioner. The only units it cannot be used with are older, low-pressure refrigerated air systems.
6. It is the Least Toxic Refrigerant
Other refrigerants like ammonia and R-22 can release chemicals into the air while they cool. While it is unsafe to touch without gloves on, Puron offers 100% safe and nontoxic air in your home. It is the safest air quality option for homes.
7. Puron Refrigerant is Affordable
One of the greatest benefits of Puron is its price. Installation costs are typically low and the substance itself is moderately priced.
8. It Thrives in High Pressure Environments
Puron is designed to deliver maximum refrigeration quickly. It is most efficient in a high-pressure HVAC system due to its heat transfer properties. Homeowners can depend on it to deliver cool air during intense heat waves quickly and efficiently.
9. Quiet Air Conditioning
Air conditioning systems utilizing Puron refrigerant are more energy efficient and quieter. Homeowners can barely tell the air is on!
10. Lower Energy Costs
Because Puron operates at a higher pressure than other refrigerants, it creates cooler temperatures quicker. This means you can control the climate more effectively and lower your monthly energy bill.
11. Plethora of Puron
Currently, homeowners with R-22 air conditioning are experiencing higher prices for refrigerant due to a shortage. By switching to a Puron refrigerant, you will not only use less, you will not have to worry about running out.
12. Reduced Future Service Costs
It is a well known fact that outdated equipment is more expensive to service. By upgrading your air conditioner to Puron, you can maximize your energy and maintenance savings.
Switch to Puron in Your Home
With abundant benefits, it’s easy to see why many New Jersey homeowners are switching to Puron-based air conditioners. To learn if your HVAC unit can use Puron refrigerant, contact Princeton Fuel Oil today!