Are you looking forward to the summer?
Perhaps you’ve been wondering when the hot weather will finally make its arrival. The summer can come around all of a sudden, and you want to be sure that you’ll enjoy it and be comfortable when it does. Here are our 6 steps to preparing your home for the warmer weather.
- Change Your Filters. It’s always important to change your filters throughout the year, not just in preparation for the summer. However, spring cleaning is a great time to make sure this gets done ready for warmer weather. It may not be desirable to have to work on making repairs and doing cleaning work once hot weather hits.
- Adjust the Thermostat Setting. Whilst the weather starts to change subtly, it is a good time to test your air conditioner or cooling system. Change the thermostat now in preparation to transition easily from cold to hot. You’ll also be able to check that your thermostat is in good working order.
- Verify that your Air Conditioner Works. Once you’ve changed the thermostat, you’ll know whether your cooling system is working. If it isn’t, or if it isn’t working sufficiently, it’s certainly worth taking action now. Check each individual part for breakage or clogging. From there you’ll be able to call a qualified expert for maintenance. Preventative maintenance can help to avoid breakages from happening, so start to take action as soon as possible.
- Plan Ahead for Replacements and Repair. When hot weather hits, you may find that demand for repair and maintenance appointments increases, as homeowners wait until hot weather has already arrived to check their cooling systems. You don’t want to be stuck waiting, so plan to put repairs and maintenance into action sooner, rather than later.
- Install a Programmable Thermostat. Older thermostats use mercury to detect temperature changes. This system is in many ways less effective than newer models of thermostat. It would be advisable to make a plan to upgrade your thermostat now before the seasons change. You may make significant savings on your utility bill by using a more effective and modern thermostat.
- Install a Whole House Fan. For those particularly hot areas, a whole-house fan can be a real saviour when you really need to push hot air out of the whole house. Again, demand for fans may suddenly shoot up when the heat suddenly spikes. So plan ahead and make the purchase ahead of time, if this is right for you.
Are you preparing for summer’s arrival this weekend? Are you looking for help preparing your cooling system to make sure that you’re comfortable as soon as the hot weather arrives? If you would like further advice on how to prepare your cooling system ahead of time, do contact our team. We are happy to help you prepare for summer and ensure that your cooling system is working efficiently, safely and reliably. Just give us a call today.