A furnace that does not work as it is an inconvenience to your household. It also poses a risk to you and your family’s safety. After all, you’ll be left freezing when your furnace suddenly breaks down. Just like any other machine, your heating system will typically have worn-out components from age and with regular use. Furnace issues might also appear early if your heating unit does not receive regular HVAC maintenance.
Resolving your furnace issues should never be a DIY project. Refrain from calling your neighborhood handyman as well. It is always best to call a professional furnace repair service company when you need to get your furnace repaired. This will get your furnace problems fixed in a correct and timely manner. It will also save you more money in the long run.
When To Call A Professional Furnace Repair Company
- 1 When To Call A Professional Furnace Repair Company
- 2 Call PFO Heating & Air Conditioning For All Of Your HVAC Requirements
A furnace that has underlying issues will begin to show signs that it needs professional attention. Here are some of the things you should look out for:
Furnace Is Overheating
One of the most common causes of an overheating furnace is a dirty furnace filter. The filter traps the dirt, dust, and other debris for better quality indoor air. As time passes, it can get overwhelmed with contaminants. The airflow is compromised when this happens. Without proper airflow, the system cannot cool down, and the furnace strains to achieve the thermostat settings.
Overheating can result in a more severe issue. The heat exchanger can be damaged, and this can be costly to repair or replace. Make sure to clean or replace the filter as often as needed to avoid these problems in the future.
Thermostats let you know the temperature the furnace is producing. If you are experiencing some thermostat problems, it could be because there is an issue with your thermostat as well. Check the thermostat setting. Make sure that it is switched on and set to “HEAT” and that the fan is set to “AUTO.” Ensure that all other temperature settings are correct.
Make sure that the thermostat isn’t dirty. Otherwise, it might not display accurate temperatures. Turn it off and use a clean and dry brush of soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt. If there is any rust, use a contact cleaner for electronics on these corroded areas. The thermostat should be placed in a neutral location that is away from any heat sources. This is because sources of heat like sunlight and stoves can affect its temperature readings.
Holes, Cracks, Or Gaps In The Ductwork
The network of ducts circulates warm air throughout your home. If there are any gaps, cracks, or holes in the ductwork, the warm air will escape. The furnace efficiency will be drastically affected, and you are likely to feel temperature fluctuations around your home. If the ductwork damage is more severe, your furnace might not be able to heat your home at all.
Dangers Of A Malfunctioning Gas-Fired Furnace
One of the most dangerous problems with having a gas-fired furnace is a gas leak. The gases that escape include carbon monoxide and methane, which could be harmful to you and your pets. It can also turn fatal if you are exposed for too long. Other dangers that a gas-fired furnace poses include fire, explosion, and electric shock. Therefore, you must not attempt to conduct DIY repairs unless you have the proper training and certifications to do so.
Hiring A Professional HVAC Contractor
Hiring a professional furnace repair technician has many pros. Here are some of them:
- Save On HVAC Repairs And Replacements – A professional HVAC tech will conduct proper diagnosis and repairs on your faulty system. They are trained to work on any system, so you can be sure that your HVAC unit is in good hands. When repairs are done poorly, the unit might incur more damages. You are likely to pay more for further repairs and replacements when this happens.
- Ensure Home Safety – A professional will ensure that all repairs are done safely. Any mistakes in the repair process could put your household in harm’s way. This is because the mistake could lead to an explosion, gas emission, or fire. Make sure to contact a professional HVAC technician to deal with all the furnace problems you have.
- Minimal Work Time – Experienced experts conduct a set of procedures to determine, diagnose, and repair all furnace issues promptly. This way, there is less hassle on your part than when you have an inexperienced individual do the job.
- Trained And Skilled – Professional HVAC contractors are equipped with extensive skills and training to work on any HVAC brand, make, and model. These are necessary to ensure that they can service your unit correctly and safely.
- HVAC Warranties Remain Intact – Most manufacturer warranties state that HVAC systems require that a professional HVAC contractor conduct all the necessary repairs and tune-ups to your system.
Therefore, hiring a professional HVAC tech ensures that your system warranty does not become void. Moreover, reputable HVAC companies stand by their work, and all services come with a guarantee.
Having a faulty furnace only brings discomfort and inconvenience to your home. Having an untrained and inexperienced individual work on your system will only add to the problem. Make sure that your system is in good hands by calling your local, trusted HVAC technician. They can assist you with all your furnace issues so that your home remains warm and comfy throughout the winter.
Call PFO Heating & Air Conditioning For All Of Your HVAC Requirements
PFO Heating & Air Conditioning provides superior HVAC services throughout Mercer County, NJ and Bucks County, PA. Our company has professionally certified and trained technicians who can conduct excellent heating and cooling services, including repairs, maintenance, replacements, and installations. All our friendly techs have the knowledge, skills, and experience to work on any HVAC make and model accurately and promptly.
PFO Heating & Air Conditioning offers the most competitive HVAC service rates in the area. Our maintenance helps increase your energy-efficiency and cost-effectiveness so that your home is comfortable without the added costs. If you need to replace your existing system, we can recommend the best make and model for your home and budget. All our services come with a guarantee. Book a service appointment with us today for a free, in-home estimate.