Homeowners rely on their air conditioners when the temperature starts to increase. After all, this cooling machinery helps keep our homes at a lower temperature during the summer months. It also helps remove humidity. An air conditioner unit that works properly will ensure your home is a cool and comfortable environment when it is sweltering outside. Ensure your air conditioner is in excellent shape to prevent potentially expensive air conditioner repairs, HVAC emergencies, and high energy bills. The best way to achieve this is to book an air conditioner tune-up during the spring season.
How Does An Air Conditioner Tune-Up Save Me Money?
- 1 How Does An Air Conditioner Tune-Up Save Me Money?
- 2 Energy-Saving Tips When Using Your Cooling System
- 3 Common AC Problems That Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance Addresses
- 4 Call PFO Heating & Air Conditioning For All Of Your HVAC Requirements
Keep reading to learn how an air conditioner tune-up can help you save money.
Lowers Your Power Bills
The US Department of Energy (DOE) estimates that heating and cooling account for half of a typical American household’s energy consumption. It is impossible to completely eliminate heating and cooling expenses, but you can make it as manageable as possible.
You get value for your money with a well-maintained AC unit. HVAC airflow becomes severely limited when the coils are dirty, belts are weak, the lubrication has dried up, filters are blocked, and the evaporator fins are warped. These obstructions barely let clean, cool air flow, so your home is not well-ventilated. According to the DOE, you can lower your energy consumption by as much as 15% when you replace your air conditioner’s clogged filter.
Repairing or Replacing Your Air Conditioner Is More Costly Than AC Maintenance
When you ignore the slightest air conditioner issues, they tend to turn into bigger problems in the future. An air conditioner that receives annual tune-ups can serve you for up to 15 years or more. Seasonal air conditioner maintenance costs usually fall under $200. This depends on several factors, like the unit, the parts that need replacement, how long since its last maintenance, etc. On the other hand, installing a new air conditioner can cost you $3,000 or more. Air conditioner repair costs can cost less than a replacement but far more than a tune-up. It is obvious which option saves you money.
Negligence Of Air Conditioner Maintenance Can Void Your Warranty
The air conditioner manufacturer can deny your warranty claim for improper maintenance and neglect. Even if your cooling system has a warranty, it isn’t guaranteed that it will cover the repair expenses if the breakdown is due to negligence. Make sure you avoid paying thousands of dollars in repair or replacement bills by keeping the receipts showing that you had your unit tuned up annually.
Maintain Healthy Air Quality
You should not ignore poor air quality issues. It can be costly if you address the problem later on. The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states that airborne contaminants may cause mold growth. It can also trigger specific respiratory problems like asthma. Besides health issues, mold can damage your home’s structure and is quite expensive to clear. The average mold removal cost can rake up to a few thousand dollars. Air conditioner maintenance includes replacing clogged filters, which is crucial if you want better indoor air quality. After a system evaluation, an HVAC professional may also recommend strategies to improve your air quality, including installing an air cleaner, a ventilator, or a whole-home dehumidifier.
Energy-Saving Tips When Using Your Cooling System
Technicians can observe and suggest minor money-saving improvements as they conduct annual maintenance services. These can be tips like recommending air filters ideal for your system or sealing or cleaning your ducts. It is wise to maintain a good relationship with your HVAC company because this can help you reduce energy expenses throughout the year.
Common AC Problems That Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance Addresses
According to the US Department of Energy, dirt and neglect are the primary culprits in air conditioner inefficiency and failure. Here are the common air conditioner issues that can be resolved with regular maintenance:
- A Refrigerant Leak Or Incorrect Refrigerant Charge: Your cooling bills can double even if the refrigerant is only 20% undercharged.
- Electric Control Failure: Make sure that the fan controls and compressor are in good condition to prevent electric control failure. Electrical failure will likely happen if there are corroded wires and terminals, loose electrical connections, and dirty contacts.
- Dirty HVAC Filter: A dirty filter prevents proper airflow, making your air conditioner compensate for keeping your home cool. Moreover, dirt can also build up on essential components if the filter is dirty. As a result, there will be an increased risk of early failure and lower efficiency.
- Clogged Condensation Drain: The air conditioner extracts humidity from the indoor space, and the resulting condensation goes out of the unit through a drain. Blockage in the condensation drain can cause the water to seep out and damage your walls and floors. A drain build-up can also cause a system shutdown.
- Dirty Coils: The cooling power of your air conditioner will decrease if there is a grime and dust build-up on the coils. It also forces your unit to work extra hard to keep the indoor space cool. This only hastens wear and tear and spikes your energy expenses.
An air conditioner tune-up is typically an excellent investment with great returns. Schedule maintenance today if your system hasn’t been serviced for some time. This way, your system will last longer, cool better, and you will save money.
Call PFO Heating & Air Conditioning For All Of Your HVAC Requirements
PFO Heating & Air Conditioning provides heating and cooling services in the greater Princeton, New Jersey area. We have the best professionally certified technicians to help you with your HVAC service needs, like air conditioner tune-ups, mini-split repairs, furnace replacements, and more. All our techs have the knowledge and experience to service your HVAC system correctly.
For the area’s most affordable heating and cooling service costs, call PFO Heating & Air Conditioning. Our maintenance services can increase home comfort and energy efficiency while reducing heating and cooling costs. If you need HVAC system repairs and replacements, we can recommend the best one for your home within your budget. All of our work comes with a guarantee to ensure your satisfaction. Don’t hesitate to contact PFO Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule a service appointment. Call now for a free, in-home estimate.
Click here to contact us now or call us at (800) 253-9001 to find out more! Click the link to view our service area.