HVAC systems need regular servicing to ensure they function optimally at all times. When serviced regularly, you can expect the system to meet all your home comfort needs, cost-effectively.
It is important to note that HVAC systems cannot last forever even when they are serviced regularly by competent professionals. Therefore, over time, air conditioners, furnaces, and ductwork need to be replaced.
Signs You Need An HVAC System Upgrade
Homeowners should replace their HVAC equipment when they reach the end of their useful life. Most furnaces have a lifespan of around 15-20 years while air conditioners have an expected lifespan of 10-15 years. Depending on the rated life expectancy of your equipment, you should do a replacement the moment they hit their anticipated lifespan. Secondly, you should consider doing a replacement if your HVAC system frequently breaks down. Doing so will save you money because the repair costs can be quite expensive. Thirdly, you should consider upgrading your HVAC equipment if your energy bills are unreasonably high. If the HVAC system fails to meet your home comfort needs, on the other hand, you should consider doing a replacement immediately.
Advantages Of Replacing Your Heating & Cooling System
- Reduced Energy Bills: When you replace your central HVAC system, you can be assured of paying reduced energy bills. Modern furnaces and air conditioners are designed to be energy-efficient. They consume less energy, and their output is impressive.
- Save Money On HVAC Repairs: Since new HVAC equipment comes with extended warranties covering both labor and parts, you will not need to worry about repair costs after making an upgrade. After all, the HVAC company will fix any problem the system may develop. Besides, new HVAC equipment rarely breaks down. That said, you can save money on costly repairs when you make an HVAC upgrade.
- Improved Air Quality And Home Comfort: Old HVAC equipment has a hard time keeping up. They usually make noise, and you will notice hot and cold spots throughout your home. These issues usually reduce home comfort. In addition to that, they often release contaminated air into the air supply due to impurities trapped inside the air ducts, furnaces, and air conditioners. When you replace the entire HVAC system, therefore, you can be assured of enjoying cleaner air and optimal home comfort.
Elements That Affect HVAC Installation Time
When the time comes to replace your HVAC equipment, be sure to make an appointment with a competent HVAC contractor to assess your home comfort needs. Also, they can help you pick the right equipment to install in your home. While there are many licensed HVAC contractors out there, only a few of them can match your needs and expectations. However, you can never go wrong with PFO Heating & Air Conditioning. The following are some of the main factors that may affect HVAC installation time:
- Size Of Your Home: Homes differ in size. If you live in a 1,500 sq/ft home, the installation time for the new HVAC equipment will be shorter than the installation time for a 10,000 sq/ft home. The reason is apparent – there is simply more ductwork to configure in a larger house than a smaller house, so it will take more time to complete the job.
- Type Of Installation: As you may already know, a central HVAC system has a furnace, air conditioner, ductwork, registers and vents among other things. When upgrading your system, you can decide to simply replace the air conditioner and heater, and leave the ductwork, vents, and registers in place. However, you can also choose to do a complete system replacement. This means that all the air ducts will have to be replaced together with the furnace and air conditioning unit. This will take much longer than merely replacing the AC and furnace.
- Contractor You Choose: The HVAC contractor you pick will also affect the installation time. After all, some companies are simply more organized and more experienced in doing HVAC replacements, and they can complete the job faster than other companies. For this reason, you have to carry out some research to identify the right HVAC contractor for the job. Fortunately, you can never go wrong with PFO Heating & Air Conditioning. It usually takes less than a day to complete an HVAC replacement job, but the size of your home and the type of replacement job you choose will also affect the installation time.
For one of the best heating and cooling replacement companies in the area, contact PFO Heating & Air Conditioning.
We have NATE certified technicians on staff who possess the skills, knowledge, and experience to deliver high-quality HVAC services. Our expert technicians can help you find a heating or cooling system. They will install it correctly so that it performs efficiently while improving your indoor air quality and level of comfort.
We offer the most competitive HVAC replacement prices in the area, and you can count on our installations to be fast and professional. We are a family-owned company that prioritizes our customer’s satisfaction and comfort. Call PFO Heating & Air Conditioning now to schedule a free estimate.
PFO Heating & Air Conditioning is proud to be an authorized dealer for Carrier HVAC systems. We are among the few providers in NJ to hold a Carrier Presidents Award Dealer distinction. Carrier recognizes our services as going above and beyond when it comes to customer service and expertise. We are happy to represent such a prestigious manufacturer because these impressive heaters and air conditioners are reliable, perform well, and are extremely energy efficient. To learn about Carrier systems, click here.
Contact us now at (800) 253-9001 to find out more!