Proper installation is an essential part of your HVAC equipment. Without it, your system will not function as it should regardless of how excellent the make and model is. It also directly affects your system’s operation and efficiency. A right-sized system that is properly installed ensures that it is safe to use at all times. Therefore, it is important to avoid an improper furnace installation to avoid a slew of heating issues.
Improper Furnace Installations Can Cost You More Money
- 1 Improper Furnace Installations Can Cost You More Money
- 2 Call PFO Heating & Air Conditioning For All Of Your Heating Needs
This article discusses why proper installation is a vital part of ensuring your system works in perfect working order.
Why You Need To Perform A Manual J Load Calculation
The first step to achieving a top-quality HVAC system is conducting a Manual J load calculation. This is a vital figure in knowing the correct size and capacity of the HVAC system your home needs. A Manual J load calculation is the measurement of the needed heating and cool capacity of the HVAC system needed for the specifics of your home. It is based on different factors, including the building materials used in your home, square footage, wall positions, and insulation level, among others.
An HVAC system’s capacity is generally measured in British Thermal Units or BTUs and tons. One ton equals the unit’s capacity to melt 1,000 kilos of ice within one day. One ton equals 12,000 BTUs per hour.
Improperly Sized Heating Systems
A Manual J Load calculation is essential because it helps find the right-sized unit to keep the indoor temperature in your home constant and even. All homes are different. Each has its specifications when it comes to design, materials, structure, and household members. An HVAC system that is too small or too big can result in problems with performance and efficiency. Other issues it might encounter include short cycling and premature breakdown. Furnace short cycling is when your system turns on and off in quick succession. This can lead to worn out components as your system cannot handle the continuous strain placed into it. When this happens, you will also have an uncomfortable home despite your system running the whole day.
Problems When You Have An Improperly Installed Furnace
A furnace that is not installed correctly causes inconvenience and safety problems in your home. The following are some of the issues you are likely to encounter in this situation:
- Gas Leaks: A system that is improperly connected can lead to a gas leak. The gas can see through the gap between joins and release poisonous gas. For instance, carbon monoxide or CO is harmful to both animals and humans. It is an odorless, tasteless, and colorless gas that can cause headaches, nausea, fainting, and even death.
- Faulty Wiring: A bad wiring job can only result in problems. This is a very worrisome issue as it can be very dangerous. Faulty wiring trips the breaker repeatedly and increases the risk of fire. You will likely have efficiency issues, and you will notice a significant increase in your monthly heating bills when you are faced with this problem.
- Ventilation Issues: Any venting problems can also lead to HVAC system issues. For example, the pipes might be made of the incorrect material or are the wrong size. It could also be that your system is not vented correctly. These are likely to cause HVAC problems immediately.
- Low Indoor Air Quality: Your home’s air quality is dependent on how well your system functions. If it is poorly installed and designed, water can leak and damage your home. Water build-ups also encourage mildew and mold to grow. This will affect your indoor home environment and your overall health.
- Ductwork Issues: HVAC installation can also include the installation of a network of ducts in your home. This is responsible for proper air distribution. If this is improperly installed, you will likely experience issues like uneven temperatures and HVAC inefficiency. You are likely to have hot and cold spots around your home as well. This can be annoying and uncomfortable as areas feel colder or warmer than they should.
The Right HVAC Technician For Your Furnace Installation
To ensure that your furnace is installed correctly, you will need a reliable and licensed HVAC company to help you. The following is what you need to look out for when searching for the right
HVAC technician to conduct furnace installation:
- HVAC Industry Certifications & NATE: The North American Technician Excellence or NATE certification is given to HVAC techs who pass specialty tests by the organization. It is a knowledge-based test granted to techs who work in installation and other service industries. It is proof that they are up to par with the industry standard and are competent to do the job.
- Licensed and Bonded: Technicians who are knowledgeable and qualified to conduct the necessary tasks to complete the job also have licenses. This means they provide competent and reliable services. Moreover, an HVAC contractor license bond is an insurance that protects both the tech and customers in case problems arise later.
- HVAC Contractor References: It is recommended that you ask for references before you hire an HVAC company. A company that does its job well and is confident with its services will have former and existing clients willing to give recommendations regarding its services.
A heating and cooling company that offers HVAC services is essential in keeping our homes safe and comfortable. The first step towards this is a properly installed heating system. When you have the right-sized unit installed correctly, you will experience comfort, high efficiency, and safety all year round.
Call PFO Heating & Air Conditioning For All Of Your Heating Needs
PFO Heating & Air Conditioning provides top-quality heating and cooling services in Greater Princeton, NJ area. Rest assured, we only hire the best professionally certified HVAC contractors who can conduct accurate and prompt HVAC services. Our friendly techs are knowledgeable and experienced in performing HVAC maintenance, repairs, installations, and replacements.
When you need your system repaired or replaced, do not worry. You are in excellent hands with PFO Heating & Air Conditioning. We have one of the most affordable service costs in the area. We can also help you find the most suitable make and model when you need a replacement system. Your home’s energy efficiency, comfort, and cost-effectiveness are always our priorities. Schedule an appointment by giving PFO Heating & Air Conditioning a call today. We provide free, no-obligation, in-home consultations.
Click here to contact us now or call us at (800) 253-9001 to find out more!