Autumn is almost upon us, and the air will soon have a nip to it. Early autumn, or late summer, is a good time to get your heater inspected and tuned-up. If you are wondering furnace tune up how often, it needs to be done annually.
By scheduling now…
you will be able to beat the rush and get an inspection at your convenience. Also, because it is in between the busiest season, the professional HVAC service company will also be relaxed and be able to take their time with the job. This can only be good for the health of your heater. In this article, we will discuss the importance of scheduling a heating system tune-up.
Why should you get your heater inspected early?
It is definitely a smart idea to get an inspection and tune-up for your heating system as early as possible. Here are some top reasons why you should consider doing so before winter strikes:
- Avoid potential problems: A heater is crucial to the comfort of your family in winter. Heaters have to be turned off when they are being worked on. If potential problems turn up, the repair can take days. By getting the heater checked now, any major issues can be handled before the machine is truly needed.
- High availability: While professional services do their best to be available at your convenience during winter, it’s not a guarantee they will arrive on time. You might have to wait for days — or even a week — for a visit. A heater does not operate at peak efficiency without a tune-up. It can cost you a great deal of warmth and money otherwise.
- Be at ease all year: By getting a tune-up early, you can rest easy knowing you are prepared for the chilly winter ahead. You will be able to leave your mind to focus on other important things, knowing your heating needs have been taken care of.
What Does A Tune-up Include?
What a tune-up entails depends on the brand of the machine, its age, and its efficiency. A quality HVAC service typically provides a variety of services. Their furnace tune-up checklist includes:
- Make sure your thermostat is working properly and can power the HVAC system when it gets cold
- Lubricate all the moving parts so they can work together properly
- Thoroughly check tubes for air and gas leaks
- Ensure no wires are out of place and tighten loose ones
- Check the refrigerant fluid, and change the cylinder if necessary
- Clean the air filter or replace it with a new one
- Clean the condenser coils to remove dirt and ensure it can circulate air well
Maintenance Is Better Than Cure
Many people underestimate the value…
of regular maintenance. It can prolong a machine’s life span by a significant amount. You can catch a developing problem early, before it becomes a major issue and requires a lot more work and empties your wallet. Also, a heater (or an HVAC system) that is well-maintained requires less power to run and also does a better job of heating. There are plenty of reasons why you should get an inspection at least once a year, and no reasons why you should not.
Preparing Your Home For Winter
Heater Tune-up Cranbury NJ
When scheduling a professional heater inspection, you may worry about furnace tune up cost. However, the cost for a tune-up is worth it. It prevents costly heater repairs and breakdowns. Also, your system performs far more energy efficiently which means that you have reduced heating costs. For a furnace tune up near me, be sure to contact Princeton Heating & Air Conditioning.
For high quality heater services, contact Princeton Heating & Air Conditioning. Our NATE certified contractors can tune up your HVAC system to get it ready for the winter. When working with us, you can expect services that are professional, affordable, knowledgeable, and friendly. Be sure to give us a call to schedule a heating system tune-up today.