If your home HVAC system is old, then you have probably noticed some frustrating issues. Along with being energy inefficient, old HVAC units often do not provide the level of comfort and indoor air quality that most of us want. Also, they can be rather noisy when operating.
This is why some people have decided to switch their HVAC system to the modern ductless units that operate with ductless mini-split inverter technology. Ductless mini-split inverter technology provides greater versatility, flexibility, and efficiency.
Important Information About Efficient Ductless Mini-Split Inverter Technology
In this article, we’ll describe ductless HVAC systems and their mini-split inverter technology. Also covered in this article will be the benefits derived from inverter technology. We will also provide a comparison of fixed-speed compressors and Mitsubishi inverter technology.
Table of Contents:
- Important Information About Efficient Ductless Mini-Split Inverter Technology
- An Explanation Of Ductless Heat Pumps
- Mini-Split Inverter Technology Basics
- Ductless Mini-Split Inverter Benefits
- Fixed-Speed Compressors Vs. Mitsubishi’s Inverter Technology
- Check Out One Of Our Ductless Installation Projects
- For All Your HVAC Requirements, Call PFO Heating & Air Conditioning
An Explanation Of Ductless Heat Pumps
There is no ductwork required with ductless HVAC systems. Their design delivers flexible home heating and cooling with greater energy efficiency. They can target the entire home or a specific room/zone. Included in the system is an indoor unit as well as an outdoor unit. An HVAC contractor usually installs the outdoor unit at ground level outside the home. They will run a connection to the indoor unit through a refrigerant line and electrical wiring, usually through a small 3-inch hole in the wall. Multiple indoor units can connect to one outdoor unit.
The indoor unit does not rely on ductwork to deliver treated air because it is installed directly in the room itself. Typically, the indoor unit is mounted close to the ceiling on the wall where it provides efficient cooling or heating to the designated location. If desired, the unit can be set for automatic operation, or the indoor air handler you can manually set it through remote control.
A ductless system provides the ideal solution for homes that do not use central cooling or heating systems. It can also be added to augment the heating and cooling system for a remodel or room additions as well as transforming an attic into a living space. Since there is no need to add ductwork when installing a ductless system, efficient heating and cooling can be added to extensions at a lower cost. Many homeowners install ductless HVAC systems to their homes as a supplement to their home’s central air conditioning system. Regardless of its application, it adds greater comfort with more energy efficiency.
Now we will discuss another aspect of mini-split systems that is most attractive.
Mini-Split Inverter Technology Basics
Ductless mini-split inverter technology delivers treated air to targeted areas without expensive ductwork installation. Because it uses smart technology, it intelligently adjusts its cooling or heating output to maintain room comfort at a constant level. The microcontroller on this unit samples the air and then adjust the compressor speed according to the need.
With traditional rotary compressors, the output of treated air remains constant. What happens with these units is that when the unit detects the need for more conditioned air, it turns on and pumps treated air into the room at the same speed. Once it reaches the desired temperature, it simply turns off again. Cycling on and off does not occur with a mini-split inverter compressor because it continually adjusts output which efficiently maintains indoor temperature.
Ductless Mini-Split Inverter Benefits
Energy Efficiency: When compared to rotary compressor output, the energy efficiency of the mini-split inverter is the primary advantage of this HVAC system. It saves money on energy because it delivers greater precision for heating and cooling your home. As previously stated, the mini-split inverter continually adjusts the output of treated air which ensures a constant temperature inside the space.
- Money Savings: Energy Star reports that the average loss from ducted systems often reaches 30% of energy consumption. With this in mind, it is easy to see that a mini-split inverter ductless system can actually save 30% on energy costs. Additionally, you can expect to save even more money on replacing individual unit parts because they last longer without needing replacement as often.
- Less Noise: Anyone who has ever heated or cooled their homes with a rotary compressor unit understands that these systems can become quite noisy. It can even be the cause of some people’s insomnia, especially when the units are installed close to the bedroom. If that is the case, you’ll get a much better night’s sleep with a mini-split unit because they are far quieter than traditional systems.
- Flexibility: Mini-split systems are small enough to install in individual rooms. HVAC contractors are able to install up to 4 individual indoor units to connect to one outdoor unit. It all depends on how much indoor heating or cooling your home needs to determine how many indoor units to install.
- Simple Installation: Since there are no ducts to install with a mini-split unit, installation is much simpler than with other HVAC systems. It is also easier to install in additions because there is no need to add anything to the existing ductwork.
- Versatile: Mini-split systems are versatile enough to install in a variety of ways so they can accommodate interior design plans. They can be mounted to the wall, installed directly in a drop ceiling, or even suspended from the ceiling.
Fixed-Speed Compressors Vs. Mitsubishi’s Inverter Technology
Conditioned air delivered by a fixed speed compressor is an inefficient way to heat or cool a home. These compressors cycle the units on and off with dips in the indoor temperatures. This results in uncomfortable temperature fluctuations. This inefficient method leads to higher than necessary energy bills.
On the other hand, Mitsubishi inverter technology allows the unit to switch motor speed according to the comfort demands of the family. You’ll receive a much smoother delivery of steady temperature that does not negatively affect energy expenditure. The unit also determines the necessary speed by way of its intuitive sensor to ensure that your home maintains the proper temperature.
It is very costly when a compressor cycles on and off. It consumes more energy than necessary since fixed speed compressors run at the same full capacity no matter the room size. In contrast, inverter-driven systems run at a mere fraction of that speed which makes it more energy efficient.
Benefits Of Inverter Technology
Your home will receive constant, energy-efficient heating and cooling with inverter technology, adding up to extra money in your pockets. Along with that, your home will not experience temperature fluctuations like happens with other HVAC systems, and noise will not be a problem.
Check Out One Of Our Ductless Installation Projects
For All Your HVAC Requirements, Call PFO Heating & Air Conditioning
Streamlined home temperatures are harder to come by with traditional HVAC systems because they are slow to react. However, modern technology offers better solutions. You can enjoy consistent, efficient temperature delivery for your home with mini-split inverter technology.
The smart temperature delivery available with mini-split inverter technology is unsurpassable. The air temperature in your home will be constantly sampled and the unit speed adjusted as needed to maintain the desired temperature. This technology is flexible and energy-efficient. It is nearly silent, versatile, and saves money.
PFO Heating & Air Conditioning‘s team of professional, NATE-certified technicians are experienced and well-trained to help you heat and cool your home. We specialize in installations, repairs, tune-ups of HVAC systems. Call PFO Heating & Air Conditioning today for a free consultation.