The heating system in your home is fundamental to the health and comfort of everyone who lives there. It is crucial for your safety. If you have ever dealt with a heating system breakdown in the middle of the winter, you can attest to this claim.
Unfortunately, as a system reaches the end of its lifespan, it starts to break down more frequently until it can no longer be repaired. However, with older systems, the trick is to know when the time has come to replace it before this happens. Replacing an inefficient and outdated system with a new model can seem like quite a costly and overwhelming undertaking. However, knowing when to upgrade is still crucial. It can prevent you from going without heat in the middle of a cold snap.
What To Know About Heating System Replacement Costs Princeton NJ
- 1 What To Know About Heating System Replacement Costs Princeton NJ
- 1.1 When To Replace A Heating System In Princeton
- 1.2 The Cost And Factors that Influence A Heating System Replacement
- 1.3 Conclusion
In this article, we will discuss all of the factors that indicate the need for a heating system replacement. This way, if you notice any of the following signs, you will have the time to find the unit that best meets your home heating needs before facing a heater breakdown. We will also cover the costs of a replacement and what factors influence the installation.
When To Replace A Heating System In Princeton
Is There A Spike In Your Energy Costs?
If your utility bill keeps getting higher and higher each month and there has not been an increase in energy consumption, your heating system could be the cause. Besides replacing outdated appliances with energy-efficient models, having a new heating system installed could save you a substantial amount of money on the cost of energy.
You Don’t Know How Old Your Heating System Is
If you do not know the last time a new heating system was purchased, especially if you have been living in the same home for quite a while, it could be time to replace it. If your home is a recent purchase and the seller does not know the age of the heating system, you should have it inspected by an HVAC maintenance technician. Furthermore, if there are visible cracks, a yellow flame, or the heating system is showing signs of rust, call a service technician right away.
You’re Dealing With Hot And Cold Spots In Your Home
If it takes a considerable amount of time for certain parts of the home to be heated or if certain rooms around the house are colder than others, this could be an indication your heating system needs replacement.
Heater Parts Are Constantly Malfunctioning
If the heating system hums regularly or is noisy, this could be an indication it needs replacement. A correctly functioning heater will not hum, rattle or buzz. Furthermore, if you have to schedule frequent repairs to your heating system, the price of a replacement could compensate for the many repairs required to keep it running.
Household Members Are Frequently Getting Sick
If household members are getting sick more frequently, this could be stemming from your heating system. A faulty heating system could cause a lack of humidity, which creates dry air. Additionally, the inability to distribute heat properly could result in more cold and sick days. Pets and plants could also be affected by excessively dry air.
The Cost And Factors that Influence A Heating System Replacement
At PFO Heating & Air Conditioning, the average cost of replacing a heater is $6800. However, many factors affect this cost. These include:
- The Size Of The Heating Equipment: The furnace size affects the cost; larger furnaces typically cost more than smaller ones. However, the right furnace size must be purchased to ensure that the home is heated in a cost-efficient way.
- Brand: Similar to other appliances, furnaces have different brands that are priced differently and have varying levels of quality. As such, homeowners should use the expertise of professionals to ensure they get a furnace that offers the best features and efficiency while sticking to their budget.
- Features: The features of a furnace will also affect its cost. A basic model will be less expensive than a model with more advanced features and higher efficiency.
- Efficiency: A furnace with a higher efficiency rating will cost more; however, you could ultimately end up saving money. Higher-efficiency models have more advanced features to keep your energy costs low, saving you money over time.
- Installation: Although the initial list price will not be affected by the installation cost, you should consider the associated installation costs. Go for a highly-trained and reputable HVAC company, like PFO Heating & Air Conditioning, who will install the furnace correctly. A furnace with a lot of advanced features will not perform well if it is installed incorrectly. Therefore, the installation is just as important.
For one of the best furnace replacement companies in the area, contact PFO Heating & Air Conditioning. Our NATE certified technicians have the skills, knowledge, and experience to service your system adequately. Our expert technicians can help you find a system that increases your home’s efficiency and level of comfort.
We offer the most competitive furnace replacement prices, regardless of the fuel source. We are a heating company that prioritizes our customer’s satisfaction and comfort.
To schedule a service appointment or consultation, call PFO Heating & Air Conditioning today.
Some of the areas that we service include Hopewell, Plainsboro, Princeton, Skillman and these zip codes 08525, 08536, 08540, 08558 as well as all surrounding areas in Mercer County, New Jersey.